The name Sesta derives from the sixth (sesta in Italian) milestone along the ancient Etruscan road from Roselle to Chiusi. Since 714 AD, the land changed hands amongst a number of bishops, abbeys, a Pope, and nobles. In 1850, Felice and Giovanni Ciacci became the owners. In 1966, a descendant Giuseppe Ciacci, father of the current owner Giovanni, made the estate’s first bottles of Brunello. At that time, there were only 12 bottlers of this important wine and for this reason, Tenuta di Sesta is considered one of the historical estates of the territory.